I love LISTS and I love things being organized in box-type containers. A TEN THINGS list is like that! I enjoy writing things in a structured, contained way. You will find links to all the TEN THINGS posts at the end of each. ENJOY!
Seeds are so good for you! They contain so much wonderful stuff – good nutrients, great oils and they are protein power-packs! Here are 10 things you can do with edible seeds. If you’d like any recipes for things in this list, please leave a comment and I’d be happy to send them to you!
1. Sprinkle raw (as in not toasted) seeds onto salad. I love to add sunflower, sesame and pumpkin seeds to my salad – yummy!
3. Make salad sprinkles by blending / grinding 6 T sesame seeds with 2 T nutritional yeast flakes and 1/2 teaspoon salt – adds wonderful texture and flavour to salad.
4. Eat your seeds just as they are as a great snack with some fruit.
6. Use sesame and sunflower seeds in your homemade muesli.
7. Grind seeds and add to healthy smoothies – we add ground flaxseeds to our cashew and strawberry smoothie for some great fibre.
8. Use sunflower seeds in combination with cashew nuts as a great base for creamy raw dips (other basic ingredients: water, lemon juice and honey).
9. Toast them and use them to top pizza and pasta – pumpkin seeds work great for this.
10. Add pumpkin seeds to your bread dough or brush a loaf or rolls with some butter then sprinkle sesame seeds on top just before baking.
Or – use them to play maths games with your children!
“Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.” Matthew 13 v 31,32
TEN THINGS POSTS
TEN THINGS We Love About ‘Read-Aloud’ Lounge Time
TEN THINGS We No Longer Value and What Has Replaced Them
TEN THINGS about Family Fun Night
TEN THINGS “I Do Notice, Mommy”
TEN THINGS about Geography with Little Ones
TEN THINGS To Do with Edible Seeds
TEN THINGS to Help You in the Kitchen
TEN THINGS About My Days