I love LISTS and I love things being organized in box-type containers. A TEN THINGS list is like that! I enjoy writing things in a structured, contained way. You will find links to all the TEN THINGS posts at the end of each. ENJOY!
I was thinking about what helps my days to be rich, full of joy and to go WELL – so here are 10 things:
1. Days that begin with committing them to God the night before as I pour out my heart ask for God to lead me, change me and work in our lives – are better than those that don’t.
2. Days that begin with us gathering for Family Bible Time are better than those that don’t. It’s been a long slow road but we are finally at the place where we have Family Bible Time together every day except for occasional misses. Not a religious “must get together” but to truly love and learn from God’s word.
3. Days where I harness my heart & commit to being wholeheartedly available for my husband & children – are better than days when I don’t.
4. Days when I stick to my schedule – are better than days when I don’t (except for when we go out for a day trip!)
5. Days when I focus on giving & being a blessing and we are thankful together – are better than other days.
6. Days when I have planned what to cook ahead of time – are better than days when I haven’t.
7. Days when I don’t get angry – are better than days when I do! Having a wonderful peaceful atmosphere and a meek (willing to suffer for those you love) and quiet spirit does wonders for our family.
8. Days when worship music and singing fills our home – are better than other days.
9. Days when I read to my children – are better than days when I don’t.
10. Days when I eat well (lots of good fruits, vegetables, nuts, raw salad and NO sugar!) – are better than days when I don’t.
By no means do I do all of these things right each day – I am learning!
“And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.” Luke 4v4
TEN THINGS POSTS
TEN THINGS We Love About ‘Read-Aloud’ Lounge Time
TEN THINGS We No Longer Value and What Has Replaced Them
TEN THINGS about Family Fun Night
TEN THINGS “I Do Notice, Mommy”
TEN THINGS about Geography with Little Ones
TEN THINGS To Do with Edible Seeds
TEN THINGS to Help You in the Kitchen
TEN THINGS About My Days