CAROB CHUNK COOKIES WITH SPELT FLOUR – very yummy!
We usually take these in the car when we go on holiday.
They are so quick and easy – mix (by hand), roll into balls and bake!
Here ya go:
1 ¼ cups spelt flour
¼ t salt
1 t baking powder
½ t baking soda
¼ cup xylitol or sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
1/3 cup olive oil
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 cup carob chunks crushed
1. Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
2. Line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
3. In a bowl, mix together the spelt flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
4. In a second bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, oil and vanilla extract.
5. Add the oil mixture to the flour mixture and stir to make a firm but not solid cookie batter.
6. Crush the carob chunks with a rolling pin.
and mix them in…
… till you get a good consistency.
7. Drop by tablespoonful’s onto the cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 11 minutes then allow to cool
“And he made them a feast, and they did eat and drink. ” Genesis 26v30