Some might not consider this fun – though we do!
When you are planning a special meal alone with your hubby, sit down together while waiting for supper to finish cooking and take 10 minutes to each make a list of 5-10 questions to ask the other.
Vary your questions from fun to serious, from deep to shallow.
* Who are your favourite “Titus 2” role models right now – and why?
* What frustrates you about the house / garden?
* If you could choose any animal for a pet for 1 week what would it be and why?
* What’s one way I can help you more?
* How would you describe our family traditions to a stranger?
* Tell me something thats in your heart that you don’t talk about very often.
* What do you think our children need more than anything else right now?
* What’s the hardest thing you’ve had to do in your life?
* What has inspired you most in the past 2 weeks?
* What fun thing that we’ve done together would you like to do again?
* What have you read online lately about the world that interesting?
What would you like to talk about with our children more often?
Some of these might be hard to talk about so make sure you are feeling close and unthreatened beforehand. The goal is not to come up with brilliant answers but to connect and to feel close to each other!
This may be more a need for the wife than the husband – but my hubby loves it as much as I do!
It great how it opens the way for some deeper discussion, some fun ideas and some freshness in your conversation and relationship.
“But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation” 1 Peter 1v15