This is so quick and easy and amazingly delicious!
I used to make this quiche in the usual round pie dish but I found that I usually needed two and I always found the dish difficult to clean – so, I started using a shallow casserole dish instead. (if its too deep the middle doesn’t cook properly). The dish I use is about 5cm (3in) deep.
Also, a crust for a quiche is very time consuming to make and doesn’t add that much to the taste. I am amazed at how the absense doesn’t affect its deliciousness!
The quiche holds together beautifully in slices even without a crust – another thing that surprised me.
This recipe is adapted from Mary-Ann Shearer’s Recipe Book.
QUICK HEALTHY CRUSTLESS QUICHE (serves 8-10)
1. Fill the bottom of a casserole dish with chopped vegetables of your choice. (we love to use brocolli and butternut).
2. Sprinkle chopped vegetables generously with herb salt or seasoning salt.
3. Add to your blender:
- 3 cups cream
- 2 cups feta cheese
- 3 leeks or 5 spring onions
- 1t herb salt
- 6 eggs
4. Blend until mixed and pour over chopped vegetables. The egg mix should mostly cover the vegetables. (if not then take a few veges out or make a bit more egg mix.)
5. Sprinkle with crumbled feta, oregano and a little paprika
6. Bake for 1 hour plus at 180 degrees C (360F). Check that the middle is set and the top nicely browned before taking it out of the oven sometimes its taken 1.5 hours.
TOO GOOD TO WAIT! YUMMY!
“If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk and honey.” Numbers 14v8