Posts about families that are a great inspiration to us!
This post is about the Maxwell Family. They are a family with eight children and two grandchildren – so far.
I will definitely blog about them again so in this post I’ll just mention some things that I love about this family.
1. They have a Christmas tradition of making a special treat for all their neighbours around Christmas time and going carolling around the neighbourhood to pass out the yummy treats. They attach a card with a message from the Bible to each parcel 🙂
2. They have a church that meets in an old-age home to bless and minister to the residents there.
3. They have an incredible love for God and for the power and integrity of His word – their family life is an inspiration. The boys designed and had this banner made as a gift for their Dad.
4. They have Family Bible Time together every evening after dinner.
5. They travel around the country together in a huge converted bus for 5 or 6 weeks at a time ministering to families all over the USA and Canada. Dad and sons do most of the bus maintenance and repair work themselves.
6. Sarah Maxwell has written a series of wonderful children’s books – The Moody Family Series. We have loved and adored these books and have read (and are reading) them (they are affectionately known as the “doggy books” as there is a pic of a dog on the first four books in the series) over and over with our children.
The books are based largely on the life of the Maxwells and getting an inside look on how they have brought up their children is wonderful. They portray the kind of family life we want to have.
Have a look at their blog www.titus2.com/blog
and ministry website www.titus2.com
“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ” – Titus 2:11-13